HomeLink Service Information
HomeLink is a Bray based charity which operates a call service and provides vital community support, enabling older people to remain living in their own homes for longer and encouraging them to get involved with other members and with their communities.
It was established in May 2008 following a survey by the Bray Partnership, which identified loneliness and isolation as the two greatest concerns for people who are living on their own. HomeLink operates a confidential telephone support service to check that all is well, and arranges basic house repairs and garden maintenance.
Today HomeLink has over 900 members in Wicklow and South County Dublin.
HomeLink's main objectives are to:
- Monitor the well-being of its members and to flag other services if necessary
- Inform members of services, appointments, social activities and other events in their area.
- Provide a basic small repairs and maintenance service.
- Apply for Senior Alert Scheme Grants so that members can be provided with monitored pendant alarms.
Telephone support service:
- Members receive a daily, weekly or monthly call depending on their preference. This catch-up friendly call also reminds members of appointments and offers useful information.
- The call encourages members to participate in community activities and invites them to attend HomeLink’s social events throughout the year (18 events were arranged last year).
- If there is no answer at the arranged time, a contact person is phoned and the emergency services are alerted if necessary.
Repairs and maintenance services:
- Provision of basic maintenance for house and garden.
- A database of Garda vetted trades people is available for more extensive home repairs or landscaping services for jobs outside the scope of the handyman service.
To become a member please provide the following:
- Phone Number
- One/two contact numbers: a neighbour, friend or relative
(preferably key holders)
- €20 membership fee
To apply online, you can fill out the membership form or you can print a Membership Form and send it in to us.
If you prefer you can ring our Supervisor on (01) 201 4473 and she will help you fill it in.
Our contact details:
Southern Cross Business Park,
Telephone: (01) 201 4473